Monday, April 26, 2010

Counselor Training!

So I know some of you are looking for my tip of the week.  I decided to just post a new one this coming Friday since as most of you know I was at counselor training last week.  I wanted to share a little about the week.  First off, it was AMAZING to say the least.  We of course got to meet Dave.  He came and spoke to us for about a half hour near the end of day one of training.  He (and his whole team) came across as a very humble, passionate, and hard working.  I was very struck by how kind and loving they all are.  Their goal is to literally to help one person, one family at a time.  In the Media, Dave is often portrayed as one egg short of a dozen, because his ideas buck the norm in this country.  He doesn't care about all the fame and notoriety he has gained over the years.  20 years ago when he went broke, he started one-on-one counseling at a card table in his living room because he didn't want anyone else to go through what he did.  Now he has been blessed to share that message with an audience of millions on the TV and radio everyday.  But I could tell as he was talking to our group that counseling is still his 'baby' and it really is about the people not the money.  It is near and dear to his heart.  


Later in the week we got to go over while he was live on the air and see him in action.  I have some great pictures of his beautiful building.  He came out during a commercial break and shook our hands, posed for pictures with us individually.  Unfortunately, I am having problems downloading them to the computer because of some recent changes we've made to it.  I will try to get them up later in the week.


Now these were just my experiences and impressions.  I am not an employee or paid by his company in any way, but I feel the same way.  It's really about the people.  I look forward to start counseling more and helping those in need.  I'm really excited because of all the resources I have at my finger tips.  So if there's ever a question or situation I'm not sure of, I have a great counseling team back in Nashville to help me.  Over all this was one of the best and most fulfilling experiences of my life.  It ranks right up there behind marrying my wonderful husband and having my two precious girls.  I learned so much and am really looking forward to this new journey.

No comments: