Friday, March 19, 2010

My Exceptions

Are you starting to see the big picture here? Of how important and costly these mistakes can be?  I know some of you are still thinking "but, but, but I really need the money now!"  As far as I'm concerned, the only reason you should ever cash out or borrow money from your retirement funds is for one thing- to avoid bankruptcy or foreclosure.  No- I'm not talking about the possibility or threat of these in the future.  I'm talking about, you've been served the foreclosure papers and the mortgage company is auctioning off the house next Friday- kind of bad.  Again, that's not, creditors are calling 50 times a day and threatening to take my paycheck.  It's they already filed a judgement against you, won and are taking the furniture out of the house for payment- kind of bad. I would rather have you work your tail off and sell everything you can to avoid touching your retirement, I feel that strongly about it!  If this sounds too harsh, then I'm sorry. But that's the long and the short of it.

No comments: