Friday, March 5, 2010

Focus

In the ultra-busy world that we live in today there is a constant cultural chant of "run, run, run- do everything, for everyone, all the time, everyday".  We see this everywhere from the mile-a-minute/ADD super market tabloids to the evening news.  Even driving down the road there are crazy people trying to "multitask"- talk on the phone or texting.  For crying out loud if you are guilty of doing this PLEASE STOP! for the safety of all those around you.  I say enough is enough!  A guy I know from back in the dark ages (aka high school and college), named Dave Crenshaw wrote a book called The Myth of Multitasking: How "Doing it all" Gets Nothing Done.  It is an excellent book about the illusions of multitasking society is under.  If you ever really want to achieve anything in life you have to use the power of focus.


Like I mentioned in my tip of the week, focused intensity is what will get you out of debt and on the road to financial success.  Without this key ingredient you will quit- frustrated and hopeless in your financial situation.  It's time to pull yourselves up by your bootstraps and focus on what you want to achieve.  This is why I introduced the 'baby steps' to you this week.  Focus is whole reason this method works and it's also the hardest part about it.  So this week start harnessing the power of focus in your finances.  Re-read and freshen up your goals and above all keep going!

1 comment:

MarciK said...

I love your blog Rachel! I also am fascinated with money management and feeling "in control" of my finances. My husband is still in graduate school but we are currently DEBT FREE! It feels wonderful! Thanks for sharing some great insights. You are an inspiration!