Friday, December 16, 2016

Giving- The most fun you will ever have with money!

When you think about it, there are only 3 basic things you can do with money- Spend it, Save it or Give it away. Of the 3, giving is definitely the most fun. Don't get me wrong, I get a rush when I buy something nice for myself and when I transfer money into savings. But these moments are fleeting. When we give, especially this time of year, it evokes only one emotion- pure joy! Think about it. To be able to bless someone else's life holds absolutely no comparison.

"Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly or of necessity: For God loveth a cheerful giver." 
2 Corinthians 9:7

For me and my husband, this has become our driving force, our "why" we are responsible with money. Earlier this year we added a giving fund to our budget. This is separate from the tithe we give our church. We have it specifically for when we see someone in need and want to help. Let me tell you. It has been out of this world fun! More so than we ever thought possible. To make a difference in someone's life, and sometimes anonymously, has been one of the greatest joys we have known. So if you are searching for a greater purpose in life, try doing this. It will rock your world to bring a smile to another's face or tears to someone's eyes.

No comments: