Friday, July 9, 2010

Hope Vs Financial Discouragement

Maybe it's because of the kind of week that I've had or maybe it's because I needed an infusion of hope and courage to fight past it.  That's why I chose this as a tip of the week.  Discouragement really is one of those things that comes with the territory of life experience.  There will always be forms of it constantly nipping at our heels.  Whether it's physical or mental challenges for us or our loved ones, relational or career disappointments or financial problems, discouragement takes many forms.  So how do you keep it at bay in a world plagued with discouragement?  Perspective is the key to giving you hope and courage.  Because without the proper perspective it's very easy to become negative and discouraged about your situation.  


I specifically want to talk about financial discouragement, since that's what I go up against when working with clients.  I think that's why I chose to print "Inspiring Hope and Change in your Finances" on my business cards.  There is nothing more satisfying for me than to see hope restored in a client's eyes when they realize that there situation is not really as bleak as they thought it was.  Hope is a great tool for fighting discouragement.  It gives you courage to fight another day, to try harder, and of course, to keep things in perspective.  Discouragement often holds people back so much that they think, "what's the point, nothing will make a difference."  So they just go on doing nothing about it.  If you are discouraged financially, like I have been this week, don't give up hope.  Don't lose sight of what you really are trying to accomplish.  Remember the goals that you have set and know that with persistence and diligence you will achieve them.  Sure you might have some setbacks, but everyone does.  If, however, you still need that extra kick in the pants to jolt you into action, know I am always here for you.  This is what I live for.

1 comment:

Gazhoo said...

Nice Blog! Well most of your content is original and informative. Financial Model