Thursday, September 6, 2012

Choices

Eleanor Roosevelt said, "I am what I am today because of choices I made yesterday."  This got me thinking about the choices my husband and I have made over our 10 year marriage, and our lives before that.  All of them, both good and not so good, have made a difference for where we are today.  I know I've written about his before but I want to share it again.  5 years ago we made the major decision to get out of debt.  At the time we had student loans, a car payment, and a home improvement loan.  It wasn't an easy road to pay that off, but we made the choice month after grueling month to work toward that goal.  Yes, we had some financial set-backs.  Our air conditioner died and had to be replaced, we had our second child, and our house flooded.  Even in the nearly 3 years since we got out of debt we've had challenges.  Our third child spent 2 weeks in the NICU, my husband totaled our van and then earlier this year we took a significant loss to sell our home that was too small for our family.  My point of sharing this is not to toot my own horn or say, "wo is me" because everyone has successes and challenges. My point is that we are an average family with an average income and if we can do it, you can too!  Choices add up. What we did yesterday is manifest today and what we chose today will determine our tomorrow.

No comments: