Friday, May 21, 2010

Tip & Quotes of the Week May 14-21

Envelopes?
If you know me at all, or have read my blog regularly, you know that I am old school when it comes to budgeting. When it comes to spending on everyday purchases; groceries, entertainment, and clothing, I use cash only. I won't go into details here as to why, but I will tell you that having used credit cards for the first 10 years of my adult life, cash is so much better. I don't dread the bill at the end of the month anymore, because I don't have one. Now that is real peace!

Homework:
I know I have challenged you to do this in the past but it's a good exercise. For three months put the credit cards and debit cards away when it comes to everyday purchases. On paydays or once a week, take out the money that you need in cash and put it in an envelope. I tell you to do this for 3 months because it takes that long to get comfortable and master the art of knowing exactly how much you need in those envelopes. My post will go into much more detail as to how to do this.

"How little you know about the age you live in if you think that honey is sweeter than cash in hand." Ovid

"Never ever discount the idea of marriage. Sure, someone might tell you that marriage is just a piece of paper. Well, so is money, and what's more life-affirming than cold, hard cash?" Dennis Miller

"Debt is dumb, Cash is king, and the paid off home mortgage has taken the place of the BMW as the status symbol of choice!"Dave Ramsey

No comments: